Sunday 3 April 2011

AD109: BlueBridge Logo Design

BlueBridge
BlueBridge is another brief which is part of the Work Related Module.
I much preferred this brief to the Seaton Sluice one, I found it more fun and I liked that we could come up with our own concept. 
BlueBridge was a complicated project to begin with in terms of idea generation as the client stated they did not want any musical instruments or anything that was too obvious. So it was the idea, which I took time developing.
Eventually the ideas were flowing and I had tonnes of developments, various concepts, shapes, and typefaces. However I eventually narrowed it down to just 3 designs. All designs that I thought were the strongest concept and which suited the style of the record label and the requirements of the client. Which were, to be a contemporary record label, and be focused both on students and industry, as the purpose of the record label is to help students get from college into work so its about ‘bridging’ the gap between education and industry.
My 3 ideas were based on the initial ‘B’ for example I had a basic shape of a ‘B’ with a treble clef cut out of the centre, even though they didn’t want anything obvious I thought that it looked contemporary and that it was appropriate.
The second idea I had (which is my favourite from the 3) was based on the shape of a plectrum, with the block capitals ‘BLUE’ cut out the centre, I thought that it was simple, and again it looked really contemporary.
The 3 idea was the least obvious, I got the idea from a CD cover when researching on the internet. Originally the idea was to have two outlines of CD’s overlapping but I later added the line down the middle to make it look like two lowercase b’s back to back. The line also symbolised ‘bridging’ the gap between two CD’s. The colours I went for were light blues and green/blue and I changed the opacity so the colours showed through each other and in the end creating a great effect.
The Clients also seemed impressed with my ideas, and loved the concept however, there were other ideas put forward which fit their requirements much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment